The mission of this position is to contribute to the success of GSM auto group (the Company) by assisting Clients and team members in the receipt, parking, washing, displaying, delivering, and returning of vehicles in a safe and timely manner, while upholding the highest levels of professional courtesy, safe driving standards, and integrity.
Consistently Ensures Quality Control in Customer Care and Vehicle Management Procedures
- Effectively and efficiently maintains new, and used, vehicle inventory appearance and performance by cleaning interior and exterior of vehicles; replenishing all vehicle fluids, as needed; replacing batteries, as required.
- Consistently and efficiently organizes and maintains the service drive(s), new and pre-owned vehicle lot(s), and/or parking lot(s).
- Prior to Client arrival, works closely with the Service Department to ensure vehicles are ready for delivery; inspects vehicles for stains, debris, and damage before returning the vehicle to the Client; immediately reports any damages to management
- Ensures that buyer guides and stock tags are placed in vehicles per Company and government guidelines.
- Cleans driveway and walkways, removing debris, as necessary.
- Moves Client and dealership vehicles to and from service drive, service stalls, and lots, or as directed by management and in accordance with dealership display standards.
- Installs seat covers, floor protection and key tags in all vehicles taken in for service.
- Ensures that all vehicle keys are returned to the appropriate location; ensures that all vehicles in the lot are locked, with the windows rolled up, and keys securely stored.
- Performs loan car duties; which include agreements, cleaning of loan cars, re-fueling, and checking in as cars are returned.
- Remains in the Sales & Service Departments at all times, unless directed to perform another task outside of the Service Department; actively seeks out additional assignments during non-peak time frames.
- Follows established policies and procedures relevant to the assigned responsibilities; promptly seeks clarification, if any request, task, or objective is unclear; consistently and effectively utilizes all available information and resources to ensure internal and external Client satisfaction.
- Consistently remains engaged with management, team leads, fellow team members, and processes, to foster successful working relationships with all internal and external Clients; consistently maintains follow up systems that encourage repeat and referral business and contribute to Client satisfaction.
- Based on business need, assists with porter duties between the sales and service department.
- Experience Desired: Prior porter, or valet experience.
- Availability to work weekends.
High School Diploma/GED : Required